PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trojan attacking MAC OS X
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 09:35
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mac community may be relatively immune due to being a minority interest group, but once we Microsoft users have all been driven off the internet your turn will come, so its no use being smug.

Its already reached the point where its impossible for any PC user to access the internet safely. The b*ggers have found a way to bypass any firewall and anti-virus program by going in directly through the web page code itself. On my laptop, BlackIce in paranoia mode, plus Norton AV with the latest definition file in autoprotect were useless and having Java script turned off was no insurance either - they don't even use Java to load their executables, the code is in the page itself.

Once I've sorted out the latest violation of my laptop, (high-jacked and trashed directly from an inoffensive site listed on a Google search) I think I'll install Linux on my old P2 desktop and then use it only for internet browsiing, with my laptop reserved for everything else. I don't think its so much a question of MS IE being too full of holes, its just that these f%**&^%%$ing idiots have a bee in their bonnet about attacking Microsoft. There has to be a top dog in every pack and if Mac were top dog you can be sure they'd be attacking the Macs instead.