PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 04:18
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS480,
In reply to your post, the skydiver was a packer B and yes a packer A does rate equipment as airworthy. But for this to occur the packer A would have had to been made aware of the change to the system by the skydiver concerned. She, unfortunately appears not to have done this.

As for the rubber bands, as the DZ provides both tandem and sport jumps, both types of bands would have been available and of the correct spec. It would appear that she used the wrong type of band and as a packer B she would have been aware of the difference between the types.

In relation to the pre jump equipment inspection, as I said previously, this would be a pre jump pin check only.

You are quite right when you say that it takes a tragedy such as this to highlight any downfalls in safety however in this case it seems the jumper ignored the safety aspects, not the operator.

Finally, I have just had a detailed and lengthy discussion with the National Director of Safety who is very concerned regarding your assertion that:
PS. I just got a peek at a DIRT DARTS logbook with dodgy entries (before it was forwarded to CASA) apparently signed at B.H. word is a couple of hundred will see you right.
If you are truly concerned and not just tyring to stir more sh*t then he would be obliged if you will contact him directly. As you appear to have a good grasp on the APF website, you will have no trouble finding his details.

As an experienced pilot I think it would serve all of us (both skydivers and pilots) if you would address your alleged findings with the relevant authority concerned so that the matter can be cleared up without heresay and ambiguity, if your allegations are indeed correct.