PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - quick question for CC trainers/recruiters
Old 13th Apr 2004, 01:04
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something else I thought of today. It's been said that this "problem" of mine isn't something I should mention right away to prospective employers. IF, however, once I get it checked out, and it does prove to have a neurological cause, or happened at birth, wouldn't it then be classed as a disability, thus making it necessary for me to disclose it on relevant paperwork as such? I wouldn't want to give false information.

On the same tack, if I were then told (highly unlikely but Im just asking ) that it was a factor in not being hired, would that be classed as being discriminated against? (I'm not the type to run off and sue people, I'm just curious as to what they can & can't state as a reason for not accepting)

Also, aren't employers required by law to employ a certain percentage with minor disablities in their work force? I've just heard of that rule before and want to know whether it does exist.

On the treatment side of things, I've found out that my maternal grandmother had the same condition (or similar) and that it was improved significantly after her cataract operation. So, it appears that contact lenses are a probably option after all!!

Just need to find some time to schedule an appointment!!!

Sky