PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning! Death of the Internet as we know it....
Old 13th Apr 2004, 00:24
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info E-Liam. I haven't had a chance to touch anything yet and I suppose the IE History file will still be there. Also the Blackice log contains the IP address that the attack seemed to originate from. I'll have a look tonight and get back to you through a PM.

Cheers...

BTW, after reading all that stuff on the HighjackThis info page, I haven't checked back with my IE Browser so i don't know if its been highjacked to some other home page or if any changes were made to my Favourites list. I'll probably still have the original code for the guilty website page in my Temporary internet files if its any use to you. My gut reaction is to simply reformat and start again but i'm happy to keep the laptop in its present condition for a while if it can help with eliminating the problem for others.

It also seems to mean that such damage to my operating system would be actionable if the perpetrators could ever be tracked down. I'd love to have a chance to financially ruin one of these b*st*trds!!!

Last edited by Blacksheep; 13th Apr 2004 at 00:58.