PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Turbulence
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2004, 20:22
BrightonGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tug3,

If we're thinking of the same story, it was the Director's sister, not wife, who was injured and sued. (Actually, I vaguely recall there were a number of suits). And I thought her neck had been injured because her head had hit the ceiling (or whatever the top is called on a plane).

Thanks for posting the reason why the airline might be held liable -- I hadn't been able to figure that out. All this time I've been wondering how you can blame the airline for the weather.

Would just like to mention to everyone out there whose flights I may someday be on, that I truly appreciate any and every effort made to avoid turbulence (have occasionally wished I could ring up the captain and suggest that we divert -- I don't care how far, or land in any nearby city and wait until it's over! I would like to explain at those times that I don't care in which city, in which state we spend the night; my actual destination becomes expendable.)

Barring this option, I very much appreciate the flight deck keeping us informed. Makes me feel safer to know that they're aware of upcoming turbulence and aren't cavalier about it, despite the fact that its gonna feel lighter to them, particularly since they're used to it and have undoubtedly flown in much worse.