PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2004, 12:28
Factseeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Millerscourt, here is a smile for you..!

Good morning, Millerscourt.

Not so, you are again out with your constant negativism. I have spoken to a several of my friends at SIA, non-management and even FOs. There is no problem specific for the SAS guys, they respect the airline and the standards. They fail to see what would be worse with these pilots than the "aglosaxon officers club members" tradiontally coming in hordes, demanding specific conditions and high pay.

So, Millerscourt, you are out of touch, speaking only to your complaining peers.

As to why SAS has a surplus of pilots. Easy to answer: New conditions, including longer work hours, more days of work per month, and lower pay. A new and agressive SAS is taking shape, and this will cause a temporary surplus of pilots.

And if you think these Scandinavians are the neverous kind and used to being pampered, join them in the horrific winter conditions in Northern Norway, totally dark, 1600 meters runways with gales in from the north west. Then see who will be the nervous one..!

I repeat myself: SAS and SIA is a good combination. Not only management-wise, but even pilot-wise. I think the Singaporeans and the Scandinavians will have a good time together, respectiing each other and their differences.

Try it, Millerscourt, and you may start smiling too. Heaven forbid..!