PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning! Death of the Internet as we know it....
Old 12th Apr 2004, 10:13
E-Liam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Blacksheep,

EDIT: Can you PM me the URL for that site please, if you can remember it?

Hava a look for a file called msg120.dll or msg121.dll or msg122.dll. Usually it'll be found in C:\Windows\System32\...

It's a new one that strips admin privileges, and a colleague at another site is working on a resolution for 122 as we speak. If it's one of the earlier ones, it's fixable now.

You'll need to unhide files by double clicking on the My Computer icon on the desktop. Go to Tools | Folder Options, click on the View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is checked. Also uncheck Hide protected operating system files. Now click Apply to all folders, then click Apply then OK.

If it's not that, then please send me a HJT log, and I'll check it out. One C&P coming up.. :)

Please download 'Hijack This!' from here, unzip, and place it in it’s own folder, (not in the temp folder) doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan". When the scan is finished, click "Save Log", and copy and paste it in a PM to me.

This will give me a rundown of what’s going on in your PC. Don’t fix anything yourself yet, as a lot of the stuff on that list will be harmless or required.

Cheers

Liam
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A member of the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2004.

Last edited by E-Liam; 12th Apr 2004 at 17:32.