PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Air (II)
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2004, 09:51
Prince Of Darkness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was based in BFS flying the SAAB 340. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Some enjoyed Bizzy Air more than others! I enjoyed the experience because they were good to me, and I appreciate that.

Bizzy Air were sold by their major shareholders to British Dimland, and became British Dimland Commuter/Regional. As far as I know, the major shareholders saw a way of making a 'fast buck', and wanted out of the commuter airline business.

'Dimland also owned a considerable chunk of British Regional at that time, who were operating British Airways Express routes with ATP's, etc, on routes such as BFS-MAN. Not wanting to upset Big Airways, and also not wanting to compete against themselves, the Bizzy Air BFS Base and routes were axed.

Bizzy Air also operated Scotland-MAN and EMA passenger routes, ABZ- Esbjerg and ABZ- Sumburgh as well. The LCY-FRA service was in partnership with Lufthansa, and the MAN routes were operated in co-operation with Lufthansa, feeding passengers to/from Lufthansa flights. Bizzy also operated an extensive network at night for the Royal Mail.

I agree with the sentiment that the Cabin Service was second-to-none; It was based on the cabin service provided by Crossair. Bizzy Air Cabin Crew were a good bunch!

Like I said, I have happy memories of the place; they had a higher proportion of decent people working for them than anywhere else I have ever worked.

Last edited by Prince Of Darkness; 12th Apr 2004 at 11:26.