PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £260m Chinooks are grounded turkeys, say MPs
Old 12th Apr 2004, 09:28
flygunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's time for a rant and I don't care whether or not this comes across as Crab bashing but reading the majority of posts here( WSOPWannabe1 the exception) I get the impression of a pipe and slippers intellectual discussion on what could have been!

Wake up fellas, the MOD has a history of procurement foul ups ranging from damp squib 9mm ammunition to this HC3 b******s.
When is the system going to wake up to the fact that two year Officer transients in the MOD are not qualified to enagage in mega bucks equipment procurement. It happens too often that those responsible either can't be bothered or couldn't care less about getting it right and taking advice from those who are to use the equipment is a bore and should be discouraged. The attitude of 'I'll leave that for the next guy' is probably rife in the bowls of the MOD and is a disgrace.

I listened with dismay to R4 the other morning as a Government spokesman blamed the Tories and said he wasn't interested in chasing those accountable for the procurement from the MOD as they 'would have moved on'

Well why not establish blame, is the MOD a special case? It's a big deal isn't it? As long as it's accepted that Government will allow this to continue then it will.

I