PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DI, AI, and balance ball all not working properly...Why???
Old 12th Apr 2004, 09:08
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we all carrying out proper checks before getting airborne and do we understand what the indications are telling us?
I'd hope anyone flying IFR would, however for VFR flight you could argue that its not nescessary.

Its the ball that worries me, most instruments *can* be a bit flakey during taxy, but so long as they stabilize within 5 mins or so then I wouldn't be particularly worried.......saw an AI on a new plane just completely roll over during taxy once, which surprised me a bit. After 5 mis it was stable again, but I kept an eye on it. Of course the ball can be explained by the terrain you're taxying on, though if it is all the way to one side, I'd be concerned.

How were the instruments behaving? You say the ball was over to one side, was it way over? What about the DI and AI? Did they just freak out every now and then, or were there just a bit off? I would agree with Airbedane though, best get it checked....

EA