PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen & Hainan A/Ls hiring
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2004, 20:59
Ivan Urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cap Snooze; actually I was hoping LP would maidan a maiden for me!!

Leftie I noticed too, no VB around here-must be aweful for you. Can you get it through a pharmacy, intraveinously perhaps?

Loose, yeh don't you just love that stench passing 15,000' on descent into the Pearl basin? Or are you doing it at low altitude all the time offshore?

Any of you dudes around on Sat night? Start at the Snake Pit sounds like a good idea to me- around 6pm. Have been the last to be kicked out of Goodfellas a few times recently, having done the last jig to the Irish Rovers. May be one last jig left in me, though sadly my jig partner has left.

Kap; For the benefit of others, coz I know you are not interested, the sim check is a real check now with all the usual suspects thrown in, unlike before. When it first heralded, it was done at an airport at 7,500' surrounded by mountains up to 20,000'. The charts were in Chinese, the F/D, A/P, A/T were all U/S and lo and behold, an engine simultaneously had a fire and failure at V2 in **** vis. You were then expected to follow this extremely complicated engine out escape and return to land procedure. Just when you thought you were comfortable on base leg, with all your ducks lined up, on one engine, IMC and hills impossibly close to you, the GPWS barks at you! Many ventured...... Standards? You got a bottle to discuss it over? I will be on the GC around the time of yr pissup-to-end-all-pissups taking delivery of a new house but depart that day (thankfully!!) so will miss it. Have a JDs or seven for me. Don't throw the speakers off the balcony this time; they have better sound if you carry them down the stairs!

Last edited by Ivan Urge; 11th Apr 2004 at 21:43.