PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laptop Repair....Where can I get an inverter?
Old 11th Apr 2004, 20:39
BoeingBoy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Laptop Repair....Where can I get an inverter?

I have a Medion 9873 laptop just under two years old. For the second time the screen inverter has packed up and I need a replacement. Previously Medion UK 'reluctantly' sold me a spare as the computer was two weeks out of warranty, but now they are quoting a minimum of 28 days to deliver whilst telling me they have six in stock!.

It's now been two weeks and no sight of the part. Since I ordered a hood clip eight months ago and am still waiting for it, I have little hope of ever seeing the screen inverter.

The local repair company who are standing by to fit the part tell me that it's unique to the computer and cannot be filled with a 'standard' replacement so I am looking at scapping a £1200 computer after less than two years!

Does anyone have any idea how I can track down a suitable replacement without breaking and entering Medion UK's warehouse? They are not known for innovative manufacturing so I presume that the part must be a standard unit from some Eastern Hemisphere factory.

And if anyone from Medion UK is reading this perhaps you might like to comment on why your customer service reps are briefed to be completely vague and unhelpful on providing any useful information or commitment to customers whose warranty has run out!

Last edited by BoeingBoy; 11th Apr 2004 at 22:55.