PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 11th Apr 2004, 18:19
QQ Tester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi NotSo Fantastic,

I enjoyed your reply very much and believe your method to be sound. In a way I am already doing something similar except with regard to the recording process. I’ve had used the BP machine so many time since borrowing it that the whole affair is far less of a ‘big deal’ than even on Wednesday when started the week long monitoring. I’m almost confident that on Thursday when I return the machine I will be able to demonstrate a normal BP to the nurse – fingers crossed.

On the subject of proving my BP to the aviation industry; I believe that it is perfectly acceptable for an AME to grant a medical certificate based on a GP’s report. Providing I can prove to my GP that my BP is ok then it’s a done deal. The CAA require the GP’s report to be based around either a 24-hour BP test or three distinct visits to the surgery with normal readings recorded.

Which beings us full circle I guess. I hope that with familiarity my BP will reduce at the surgery. My BP was high at Gatwick and on my visit to see the GP but both of these were plunges into the unknown (I have just signed up to this GP), even my second visit to the local surgery had an aspect of unfamiliarity with it as it with the nurse and not the doc.

I don’t enjoy all this messing about and I wish that I had ‘produced’ a nice healthy BP at Gatwick but that’s life! Lets hope it can all be resolved fairly soon.

Thanks – QQ