PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2004, 17:22
AJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedbird800, do you work for easyJet? If so, you don't seem to have much perspective on the situation, specially with regards to cabin crew.

The cabin crew can't wait to go to another airline, again may be not all of them but a lot of them
I don't think that's even a "reasonable" reflection of the way things are in that 'department'. The majority of cc at easyJet are actually very happy with their deal (work hard, good pay). Of course there are those aspiring to work elsewhere, but not necessarily for the reasons you state; more likely, like myself simply for a change in scenery. Many stay on to become seniors and equally many have no intention of leaving for now.

easyjet have so many problems trying to find cabin crew, they have now decided to bond the ones they do find
Where on earth did you get this idea? The airline in fact has VERY LITTLE problems recruiting crew! The reason for the large recruitment campaign is due to big expansion!! As for 'bonding' Cabin Crew - well, that's the first I've heard of it!!

Are you ex-Go? Never worked for Go myself although I've heard some great things about them. HOWEVER, Go is DEAD and it is evident that some ex-Go staff at easyJet can't get over this!! If you don't like the conditions at easyJet, stop moaning and offer your skills to someone else!!

easyJet has two main problems at the moment:

1) rostering (6 on 3 off, 3 earlies followed by 2 lates - not a sustainable lifestlye, I totally agree, irrespective of whether you're flying or selling drinks at the back...)

2) Staff Travel (or 'Staff Travel Lucky Dip')

I think most agree that if these issues were dealt with and a reasonable outcome was the result (everyone knows that issue 1) is at least being tackled at the moment), then life at easyJet would actually dramatically improve.

However, the point is that life AT THE MOMENT (at least from my discussions with much of the Flightdeck) isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be; certainly not for the Cabin Crew, I can assure you (and I'm not even a 'Senior'...).

speedbird, I actually picked up a copy of Cassani's book at Stansted the other day...sounds like it was a pretty decent outfit to work for, and why not learn some lessons? But please keep it into perspective; ezy was NEVER going to be the same airline, it wasn't spawned from BA. Things aren't perfect at ezy, but hardly as horrendous as you make them out to be! Comparisons with Go aren't always warranted. Would you want to compare Ryanair with Go?