PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq - is there ANY hope?!?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2004, 02:59
autosync

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The majority of middle eastern people are fools beyond help.

I don't really like admitting that I agree with this statement, because if I do, I cannot deny that I am a racist, (and every other thing that the hippies accuse me of being!!)

But after coming to my own conclusion I am afraid I do agree with it,
Islam has been force fed since birth and to question the religion would bring dire social and possibly life threatening consequences to anybody, be it family, friend, relative or neighbour.

The religion preaches superiority over other religions and if you have been told since birth that yours was superior to any other religion and that Allah will guide you successfully through war and the prophet Mohammad's (peace be on him ) sword will crush any infidel invader.
Then see you see your nations army Decimated in 3 weeks by these infidels and your Arab neighbours did nothing to help your plight, and still they do not question anything to do with values or religion? To focused looking foward to Nirvana and all the Virgin's they will get in the next life!

We see on the news everyday some large group somewhere in the middle east, strutting their stuff and preaching anti western slogans but still drive around in western cars use western mobile phones TV’s etc, etc. Have you ever wondered what they have contributed to modern civilisation (talking in the last 300 years or so!) other then be fortunate enough to have built there sandcastles over massive oil fields, but the vast majority of the wealth is kept in the royal families!

We even see the so called intellectuals, (the best they have to offer) come on air from time to time and give us an insight on how bad there best is, I saw one the other night saying how great the sleighing, burning and hanging of the American contractors is and how it serves the Americans right, and how the Iraqi people are looking forward to seeing it happen again! Then on the BBC tonight a good long interview in a market in Baghdad with an Iraqi writer (who would have been slaughtered under the old leadership) giving out hell because Iraq was not the Oasis in the Desert that he claims was promised by the Americans even though it has only been 12 months!

I understand that the Arab mindset is going to be different, but it is just filled to breaking point with Hypocrisy that anything in the way of Progress is a long way off, despite its natural resources and all the lending hands!

Terrible shame that a portion of the Human race lets itself fall so far behind the rest and so many lives are being lost because of the mindset.