PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2004, 02:13
speedbird800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When easyjet purchased go, it was a dark day in hell. 1000 employee's worked for go out of STN, BFS, EDI,GLS,EMA and BRS. How many of them are left today? May be 80 if your lucky. Why have they all left? Simple , some were made redundant, which is a fact of take overs, but the most saw the writing on the wall.

easyjet management see the work force as disposable drill bits. When one gets worn out just replace them with another. The pilots are fed up to the back teeth. May be not all of them but a lot of them. The cabin crew can't wait to go to another airline, again may be not all of them but a lot of them. Directors. Don't get me started. There has been so many changes in directors over the last 2 years it's a joke.

I feel really sorry for the staff of easyjet. A lot of them thought that due to the fact that easyjet were buying go, a lot of the go Directors, Management and Policies would come with it. Oh no. The go managers that did come over have nearly all left. There is only one go Director left out of 3 that came across. As for policies, even if they were written down in stone and gold the easyjet management would not be able to read it. If they could they wouldn't follow the instructions on how to run a good airline, keep your staff and offer sensible rosters and staff travel.

easyjet have so many problems trying to find cabin crew, they have now decided to bond the ones they do find.

The fastest way for easyjet to turnaround and keep the staff that it has is to simply go to WH Smiths, Waterstones or Borders. All of which are book shops and buy Barbara Cassani's Book. Go An Airline Adventure. It details in Black & White how to run a Airline and keep your staff and make them happy and still make tones of money, whilst at the same time Keeping all your passengers happy as well. If you don't think what i've wrote is true then go to http://www.iheartgo.com and check out what the ex staff of go have to say about their old airline and the passengers as well. I don't hear the same from easyjet passengers and Crew.

PS Ray when exactly are you going to retire?

Soon Please

If only go had brought easyjet think how great the airline would have been today.

Decent Staff travel
Staff who would be proud to say they worked for the company
Pilots happy
Cabin Crew Happy
Passengers Happy
Bank Manager Happy
A CEO who was loved by the work force
Profit Share at the end of September to the tune of 4-5K a year for everyone.

Thats what the staff had at go. Now for those who are left they have Ray. Say hello to everyone Ray. Well you can't say hello to everyone because the majority of Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French Cabin had to leave the company due to the fact that you want to charge them a quarter of there months salary to go home to see their families because your to scared and selfish to implement a sensible staff travel policy.

All replies please address to Ray