PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 11th Apr 2004, 00:42
BigAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't no why I feel compelled to post on this topic, as i will surely be cut down by someone, but here goes...

The best Posting IMHO on this topic is that by Danny -

"The biggest problem for some students appears to be the attitude that it doesn't really matter if they fail a few exams. It is that attitude that is more likely to bring them down in the long run. Whilst it doesn't matter to the airline recruiters, it should matter to the individual in that it will mean extra cost and time. If you do not go into the study witht he aim of passing everything first time then perhaps you shouldn't go in at all. It is that attitude that is more likely to cause you problems if you do get accepted by an airline and then you have the pressure of studying for your first complex type rating"

I think this really sums it up, although I would maybe extend this to say if you get good passes it MAY (note MAY) give you more confidence (depending on your individual personality) in an interview situation as you wont in the back of your mind be thinking "I hope they don't ask me about groundschool" etc, maybe not - who knows...

I think people should worry less about how they are going to do in exams, and just get on and do them. If you don't do so well, but have a reason that would explain it (family problems, long time since previous study etc) in case it got asked at interview then you are okay. If you don't work and get poor results, then you should be having a word with yourself in the corner about if this is what you actually want to do.

These exams are a pain in the backside yes (I know as I am just finishing off my last few subjects), but once they are done they are done and probably not going to haunt you with the exception of a very tiny percentage of people who might just go for a position/TRTO scheme where they are asked....

BigAir

Last edited by BigAir; 11th Apr 2004 at 18:55.