PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 10th Apr 2004, 23:24
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still not sure from what you said in your earlier post about the reading you took at home after the surgery one. Was it using a home device showing a lower reading? The actual reading of those things is irrelevant, the only function of them I believe is to monitor long term trends measured on the same device.
I have no history in my family of high BP. Parents, children, all low BP. Me- it went through the roof.
I have witnessed white coat syndrome. My brother in law, an ex Naval Officer, in A&E following a suspected heart attack, was hooked up to a periodical BP machine. Whenever it came on, he put on a disgraceful spectacle of squirming and moaning- even in A&E I was shouting at him. The nursing staff were quite disgusted with him. He was a bit better when I made him focus on the wall, but I was appalled.
It's something you have to resolve somehow if you want the licence. When your eye test is done, you will fail if your eyesight is not good enough. Does the tension of that make the test harder? So what is it with BP? Absolutely painless!