PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq - is there ANY hope?!?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2004, 22:31
Macchi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Oh-oh"... you are spot on, I'm glad someone read the message. I applaud our boys & girls and think they're doing an effing brilliant job considering the circumstances, and I firmly believe they need to be there.

Mr. Champagne thanks for your enlightened input. Tab monkey, I fail to see how this topic is worthy of "Jerry" as you so eloquently put it. Perhaps if we return to the big issues like whose aircraft is best? Or which mess provides the best "egg & banjos"? maybe then you would be happier.

If you don't like the issue, don't waste bandwith with meaningless drivel, simply don't reply and let the topic sink into obscurity.

My question still stands, who can give me an insight into the middle eastern mind & culture? Is it fuedal, tribal, patriarchal etc...?

I'm curious for professional reasons because I'm close to taking a job with a certain company (rhymes with sh!ttish hair-oh-face) teaching certain people how to defy Allah's gravity. Well, it would have to be for a WHOLE lot more than they offered, unless my opinion of this culture is wrong/unfounded (and yes I realise I am talking about two different countries here). Wahabism does seem to have parallels with the Iraq issues, though. I know that this forum is very RAF-centric therfore I figured many of it's patrons have had experience in the sand pit.

By the way, it appears big brother has subtly changed the title of the topic - fair call & sorry if it caused offence!!

NO! To your question and the suggested alternative. So don't push it!

PPP