PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's about time...
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2004, 04:38
The Voice

Location: somewhere in the nth of Oz, where it isn't really cold
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

It is indeed a sad indictment on the aviation fraternity if someone feels the need to take the course of action as described.

Irrespective of what you may think or feel there are ALWAYS avenues of claiming re-dress if you are wronged, or indiscretions are being committed against others (employer/employee). This act isn't one of them.

Without entering into a technical discussion on the vagaries of the law here, I remind you that this bulletin board and anything typed by you and consequently entered onto it can be held in the same regard as the 'offending' 4 page document.

The person who prepared and distributed the document can have plausible defences to an action in the tort of defamation, (libel as it involves a written document, and is regarded as permanent).

Similarly, the company and it's noteworthy director may not have an action if the document is prepared primarily based on truth.

It goes without saying that there are other issues connected with the last 2 para's but I use those to demonstrate that this isn't quite as cut and dried as you may think.

In any case, I'm sure that HA would not be offended by healthy rigorous debate on some matters .. lord knows he has copped enough flack over the 6+ years I've been around this BB .. but I urge careful thought before hitting the enter button, for anything connected to this matter.

The joys of being an aussie, passionate & vigorous discussion - we are free to express our opinions, provided they are our honestly held opinions and they are based on true fact .. not on hearsay heard on the field from the refueller who heard it from the lame etc etc etc ...

".....but I urge careful thought before hitting the enter button, for anything connected to this matter."

Me too!!!!! Indeed, this thread will disappear quicker than a cold beer on a hot day if anyone posts any content from the alleged document. And the poster will be out of the PPRuNe party!!!

Woomera

Last edited by Woomera; 9th Apr 2004 at 11:11.