PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When you almost became... "Another Statistic"
Old 9th Apr 2004, 02:13
Thief13x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, good one steve!

Yesterday I met a tough reality. Went flying with my instructor for the first time since christmas (bad weather sucks + engine overhaul) and everything was going fine. I was taxxing out to the runway when the tower told me to turn to intersection bravo rather than go all the way down to the 32 threashold. I did as i was told, and soon realised why as a commuter jet passed behind me (he was taxxing to the threashold. So i'm now about 1/4 of the way down the runway on the side doing my runup with a commuter jet doing his runup down further up. I finish my runup and ask for the takeoff clearance. Me and my instructor were talking to each other over the headset when the tower replied...****Somthing**** cleared for takeoff. Reply - Clear for takeoff Cherokee XXXXX, brake off, throttle foward and my instructor stops me just as the commuter jet whizzes past . Very lucky day for me, sorry for the long whindedness though.

Also, on final approach to land i saw a 747 about 3000 feet above me , looked huge but i guess it was headed to another AP

Tim