PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Summer Schedule
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 22:05
Monde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting reply there NC - i will try not to use the word FACT in my reply as it sounds too much like David Brent for my liking and you know what a great and mature manager he was....
Your obvious committment and belief in the new regime are to be commended as a loyal employee ,but as a recently departed employee (six weeks) i would like to put you straight about a few things if i may be so bold.
If you think MON is a happy ship at the moment ,then you are as diluded as the accountant who reckons that the winters ad-hoc flying (250 hrs less)has made more contribution than last year - who did they use to work for - Airtours/ Shell / Enron and while they're there ,can they help me sort out my end of year tax codes too??.
Staff morale (any) is a thing of the past ,whilst PB has imposed such huge cuts that it is now to the detriment of the product and the staff. Most of them would leave tomorrow if they could ,but are tied to LTN in some way or are simply hanging on for their pension, such is the depth of their plight . If you don't believe me ,register for the MON forum (i can't anymore),and see what the employees really think about what's happening to the company - they clearly don't believe it "continues to flourish", far from it ,and there's a lot of people questioning the way the company's going and being run. Look at the amount of people who can see thru all your salesman blags questioning the whole First thing - why when every airline in the UK are vertically integrating do MON create a divide within?? How about putting a poll on there asking what the troops really think about your beloved First Aviation ,compared to the old sales force ??- your eyes will not like the results i can tell you.
I'm not suggesting things were perfect before, but to lose the best (although you reckon incompetant!!)staff to the opposition and then lose loads of work in the same direction - without anything substantial coming back in return , beggars belief to most employees.
My comments about the commercial move were first made over six months ago and were not at all meant to "distable" anything (thought this place was west of LTN on the A505!!) but to simply let people know my grave concerns at the way things had been (badly)handled and the future implications for the company. I therefore took Mac's great advice of a few years ago - "if you don't like it " etc , - i didn't ,so i did.!!
The staff at MON are great people - the company's biggest asset, and the aircrew , i can't find words to describe what great professionals and people they ALL are . They deserve better from their superiors but under the whole new management regime i'm not sure they're gonna get it..
Right, i'm off to enjoy myself some more in Crawley , however my log fires running low and i think i know where i can find some "dead-wood". !!