PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know anything about BLUH?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 20:48
potcivvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested we had a visit from the Lynx IPT not so long ago. There is only one contender for BLUH and that is the future Lynx, like it or lump it! However, it is not there to ferry troops around, although this is a secondary role. It's primary role is ISTAR, basically taking over from the Gazelle.
All of the usual arguments about lack of cabin space, blackhawk, etc were thrown at the team but ISTAR was the answer. Definitely no Blackhawk (except possibly 657 Sqn) and no lugging around troops. As an ISTAR platform it looks very good but it will mean a whole new state of mind for us Lynx jocks that will be left.
That said, the whole project could be binned anyway in favour of Puma replacements or the like. Time will tell. What is obvious is that jointery will take the fore, and rightly so in my opinion. How much longer must the chest beating go on between the services. With money as tight as it is I would suggest that we should stick together to fight the common enemy, Tony and his team!
And all this coming from an Army Lynx driver! Hey, I am out in 6 months because they won't let me continue to fly (just because it doesn't fit the Army career profile). Bring it on, more jointery, more lesbians, more PT, more health and safety at work and more Iip I reckon, I'll be long gone! But that's a different story................