PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Listen out!!!!!
Thread: Listen out!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 16:43
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Beechbum, let me tell u it is getting worse and worse. It used to happen once or twice a shift, especially on area, but it happens more often now. It could be due to the fact that we have many relays covering a large area (all on the same freq) but I think you are right about bad habits.

Sorry to have to harp on it, but you are not far wrong. The biggest offenders are the springboks that seem to start in a 2.

It is like this annoying habit of them always saying ".... request." and then they do not finish the sentence. Heavens above, we are in direct 2 WAY VHF communication, why not complete the sentence??????? You do it when you ask for descent, or if there are any speed restrictions (irrespective of what the preamble in the STAR says - pilots MAY only ask for cancellation of speed restrictions in an emergency ONLY), but if you want to avoid weather or change a level en-oute, it suddenly becomes "....request." talk about inefficient r/t procedures. Maybe I should just say denied in response and see what happens.... !!

Sorry last call you were blocked say again all after request.....