PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian expat f/o's
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 14:26
flyhardmo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well alot of heated and different opinions going around. Just to add to the fact list Skylion on page 1 suggests that there are competanat airlines in africa Kenya airways which has 3 subsidaries to its name but also being a subsidary of KLM which is why KA is doing so well because CAA in kenya is bad.
Now for some opinions. Happy Pilot and others you are giving Geroge Tower alot of kuk over his posts but he does touch on the truth which is why alot of people get so upset and no i dont think it was racist at all, just experience of someone that has seen alot.
Another sad fact about Nigeria is that without the foreign companies then the vast wealth of oil cannot be extracted and with foreign companies ther would be no nigerian or expat F/O's to hire so keep that in mind. The right pilot with the right experience should be given the job whether is a local or expat, to ensure a safe flight cause the wx is nasty in that neck of the woods.
Tanzania has alot of very good local pilots and im not talking about the ones of Asian origin (cause 406pilot would think im praising him). Ive flown with these guys and i trust their skills because they did it the hard way, every hour earned flying small aircraft to build up hours etc. There are others i wouldnt want anyone to travel with. Tz is also going the right way with sponsoring and training local pilots.

Nigeria are you listening