PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Assymetric MDA
Thread: Assymetric MDA
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 12:54
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

GENTLEMEN!!!!

My first reaction to reading this post was - what the...!! It is VERY clear what is required.

You do NOT commence an approach to the MDA if you are not certain that if, at the MDA and the MAPt, you can climb away at 2.5% gradient TO THE MISSED APPROACH ALTITUDE.

That is all there is to it.

Can you be sure that, given the weight, temperature, wind and configuration in the approach, you can bug out to somewhere safe if you don't get in first go?

Lancer, an "airmanship thing?!?". It is beyond airmanship. It is a fing requirement!

And lancer, while we are here... "IF you elect to follow the missed approach." Do you design your own procedures as you go? Educate me, tell me what on earth is a better idea than carrying out the published missed approach if one is not visual at the MDA by the MAPt? I'd love to know!

It is NOT just for RPT guys. Jeppesen Terminal procedures applies to ALL IFR ops.

swh...

Change CAT? What nonsense. What operators? Not one that has a firm grip on their AoC. Again, AIP is crystal clear on what determines performance category. Show me where it says you can change CAT from B to C.

Whats that? You can't find it? Thats because it does not exist. Its 1.3 Vs MLW, go see Jepps Terminal. End of story.

You guys should take a little more care before posting bullsh!t where inexperienced guys might read it as 'industry practice.'

FWIW, I have been asked the 'how much do you add' question in my IFR renewals from the word go, from C210 carrying newspapers thru C402, Metro to 146.

If you can't make 2.5% then you work a higher MDA or you divert. Otherwise it is a last ditch option, a big Mayday with all the services.

Last edited by ITCZ; 8th Apr 2004 at 13:11.