PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Listen out!!!!!
Thread: Listen out!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 06:46
beechbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Listen out!!!!!

Guys and gals, I have noticed over the last few months that certain individuals are not playing ball when it comes to their RT work. It seems that ettiquette and manners over the airwaves is slowly disappearing and it is sad to say that the guilty party stems from members of our national carrier. C'mon guys you are supposed to be setting an example. Last night for instance, we were handed over to radar, whom I duly contacted. No sooner had I finished my transmission and awaiting a reply when in storms Springbok XYZ........... It seems to me that the standard thing to do is switch frequencies and press that PTT. Not only does this happen in the air but also on the ground...!!!
The skies are getting busier and busier all the time and with foreign ATC's operating in our environment extend the courtesy to them by being a little more vigilant in your listening out skills.
To our national carrier folk - sorry it was a dig at you, but last night was the final straw and I had to bring it to everyones attention.
Anyway safe skies everyone........and give those PTT's a bit of a break