PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - BD 700 increase for some?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 06:24
thegypsy
DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ironbutts

You have not really answered the question Brenoch asked as he would be quitting his job permanently which is different to a Pilot who is on furlough who has the luxury of returning to his old job.

Obviously we don't know what job Brenoch is giving up to consider Gulf Traveller.

You it would appear are from GF Mainline who has moved with your seniority intact and with Service increments and salary ,whereas Brenoch would have to join at the bottom rung of the ladder.??

Is he aware of the route structure of GT which is to most of the "ar***oles places in the region?

It is nice to hear that the B767,s are well maintained but is a minor consideration for a career move.

With Etihad starting up with all the money behind it perhaps the future of GT is not that secure, also the B767 is getting a bit long in the tooth and if I were Brenoch I would try and get a job with EK in preference if he is qualified to do so.

Royal Brunei Captains are leaving to join EK as DEC's which gives a new type A330/340. I doubt if any would consider GT in preference to EK.

I would say the Jury is still out on Gulf Traveller