PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot career options
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2004, 21:31
rock737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot career options

Hi all,

I am currently aged 17 studying for my A levels at a 6th form college in maths, physics, french and geography. I would like to ask a question for the pilots out there as to which is the best route they'd reccomed for me to go down to become a commercial airline pilot. I hav'nt the money to train privately at a flying school, i'm either looking for sponsorship or some other scheme which means i have to pay little. I had thought of other possible options such as join the university air sqaudron to get through training or join the RAF although the fact that i would have to stay for 12 years minimum as pay back for them training me made me think again. I'm very intrested in aircraft, i know a lot of stuff quite a few people would not know about aircraft as i'm really interested in commercial aviation, so i think i would know more than the average prospective pilot. I have heard it is pretty vital to have in depth knowledge of aircraft to get you a job over somebody else. My GCSE grades were 7 Bs, 1 C and 2 Ds.

I wondered what the pilots out there think are my best options for a future career as a pilot? as i really need help in making a decision. My aim is to join a company like British Airways or even ryanair, possibly one of the charter airlines.

Thanks in advance