PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2004, 11:41
belly tank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There were "heat issues" with the battery in the back

Mr S!!

There sure are! have you had the problem of restarting soon after shutting down in an astro, my experience is that the battery is very lazy however wait 45 mins or so and its fine, im not an electrics wiz and im not sure of the cause. we replace our battery in our 44 every autumn (fall for you yanks out there!!) we use a concord xtra crank and it works just fine, however i like to have a fresh battery coming into winter as they can be real pigs to start when its cold, not sure about the injected version though.

cheers

Mr S

ive had numerous occasions where we try and start our astro after not long shutting down and its a real struggle she labours and moans, but wait 45 mins and its fine. i like to replace our batterys coming into winter with the concord xtra crank and it works fine, they can be a real pig to start in the cold but not sure how the injected versions go?

there is a real cg problem already with the astro's bit of fuel and fat asses in the cab and she has her nose down further than an echidna!!

cheers

Mr S

ive had numerous occasions where we try and start our astro after not long shutting down and its a real struggle she labours and moans, but wait 45 mins and its fine. i like to replace our batterys coming into winter with the concord xtra crank and it works fine, they can be a real pig to start in the cold but not sure how the injected versions go?

there is a real cg problem already with the astro's bit of fuel and fat asses in the cab and she has her nose down further than an echidna!!

cheers