PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outrage over Qantas costs
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2004, 09:52
itchybum

Location: Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I support Pprune by posting regularly.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ditzy(??)boy, HA and the others:
Who the hell wants a paper ticket anyway???
I do...

E-Tickets, inclluding for sub-load, are great until the aircraft experiences a significant delay requiring a re-shuffle of the passenger manifest with other flights or the airline has "over-booked" (term describing the charming habit of selling tickets to more people than they can carry) and you need to take a different flight or you simply want to re-route on an otherwise endorseable other carrier, etc. Then I have found if you aren't carrying a stamped and legal piece of paper we used to call a "ticket" you are screwed. Hold up your trusty piece of A4 paper and the staff will enjoy laughing about it on their coffee breaks.

Ridicule the old dears but I learnt the hard way to never use E-tickets. At least not until the system is a lot more closer to "flawlessticity" or there is no alternative.

And as I see it the $55 dollar slug is yet another statement from an airline management that sees itself as having an (almost) captive audience. They do it because they can.

Now will QANTAS provide a $55 discount due to the fact that there are now no "Paper Tickets"
I know you weren't serious but......... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAAAAAHAHAAAAHAAHAAAAAAA..... !!!