PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 7th Apr 2004, 08:33
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doing all these things is all well and good...and I mean that, it's good! I've been doing most of them for years. This may explain why my bp is LOW for my age...but it took a 24 hour reading to find that out!!!! When tested by any white coated person, it's usually just under the CAA's limit...and sometimes over. And that's if I relax, shut my eyes, and imagine I'm lying on a beach in the sun - my standard way of trying to feel relaxed. So they don't seem to deal with whatever deep-rooted fears I have...possibly of being pursued by bp nazis waving medication or grounding me. Or possibly due to having been an overweight kid (though a pretty fit one, actually) forever pursued by doctors telling me to exercise (I did, loads) and stop eating sweets (I didn't). That sort of thing leaves its mark, I suspect. I dunno, but I'll try that running stuff before my next medical anyway. Can I run for an hour? I used to be able to. Well, jog and walk anyway.