PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 7th Apr 2004, 01:52
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a good pressure cuff monitor (Omron or Boots) and test yourself once a fortnight, you may find that you will start to relax a little. I've had one for 4 years now, and despite quite a few AME's telling me how unreliable they are, I understand that the CAA now accept readings from these rather than just the traditional mercury monitors due to some European regulations involving the mercury.

Gatwick have hounded me for 10 years about my BP, I used to get a letter about a month after my renewal just to remind me they were watching. Funny thing though, my BP is lowering as I get older. I must be mellowing, despite being hounded by the BP Nazis.

As for eating, cutting out salt AND caffeine (tea, coca cola and coffee) is a grand idea. Apricots are all very well, but you can get a bit sick of them after a while. I have cut out the fry ups (it's hard to get a good Ulster fry in Somerset), and eat more chicken and veggies than I used to. Chasing after Lucifer every morning gives me all the exercise I need, who needs a gym!? Seems to be working.