PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duplicate Seat Allocation: Common?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2004, 23:39
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Angel Duplicate Seat Allocation: Common?

Sorry if this has been asked too many times...

I was surprised today to find myself with the same seat allocation as another pax. He (an Ozzie) thought it common and quoted several examples, including one when he and TWO others all had the same seat allocation!

It was a UK domestic: BA 4332 LTN~IOM and I was verbally given the allocation at check-in and did not look at the card. When I got to departure, I noticed that my half of the card did not give the seat. The staff could not locate their half of the stub in their pile of tear-offs. Happily, there were enough seats to go around and everyone settled in OK and we left on time.

As I have been PAXing for 38 years and this has never happened to me before - have I just been lucky? Is this common? Is it that the seat allocation is wrong but the overall headcount is correct? Must make for some happy PAXers at the start of a sector!!

Thanks for the service today. It was only a 45/50 min sector and very bouncy into the gusty wind. All service completed on time and in good order.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.