PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tales of An Old Aviator .... The Big Chill
Old 6th Apr 2004, 22:44
Duke Elegant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wrote this whilst on my trip to Australia four months ago.

My holiday so far provides me with many moments for reflections and visits to my past. I left my relatives in Brisbane to spend two days with retired Army major Laing K***y and his still beautiful wife. I had written a short history of our acquaintence but it looks like he has beaten me to the punch. I think he faked that speech for the Air Force Association in order to ensure my departure. He did indeed give a speech to commemorate the flight of well know Australian aviator Bert Hinkler who flew a WW1 Avian bomber from England to Australia.

My friend Lang re-enacted that flight a few years ago in a replica Avian and National Geographic followed the whole adventure, and an adventure it was. It is worth exploring the archives of National Geographic for this feat.

I boarded the electric Tilt Train (7 hours Brisbane to Rockhampton) that streaked across some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. I had done this trip 53 years ago by steam train to Cairns and it took two days and two nights and we were filthy with coaldust on arrival. On that journey , my dying Grandmother was taking my brother Dougie and I to live with my stepmother and father that I never knew. I sadly lost both my Grannie and my brother within two years and experienced extreme lonliness that precipitated enrollment in boarding schools thereafter. (stories to follow)
The years have soffened the bitterness of the past and instead of wallowing in self pity , I secured well being with forgiveness thereby forming a true loving bond with my stepmother who I was on my way to visit on this trip. Prior to my Dad's death , I forgave him too and was blessed with the last years of his life.
Well , after a few glasses of wine with my stepmother , the stories started to flow and one name in particular emerged , that of the infamous Dr Eddelstein , a doctor of the Jewish persuasion who has apparently been stripped of his licence to practice a few years ago; I may have helped him lay the cornerstone of his short lived empire.

1969 ... or thereabouts.
SOMETIMES AN AVIATOR HAS TO MAKE SACRIFICES.

My restless soul had been set free by my Army courtmartial.

Whilst plundering the Trans Australia Airlines inventory of air hostesses I similtaenously ran out of money.
Since bullsh*t was the intellectual mainstay of the era I was well qualified to present myself as the catch of the day but first I had to find a job. I secured a job mowing lawns around Coogee Beach from 8am to 1pm and then spent the afternoon surfing. At night I had a part time job in a bar that I expertly fitted to match that of the TAA hostie schedule.
Most of the landscape customers were little old ladies or widows of considerable wealth. , one of whom took a fancy to me. I'd often joked to my friends that my plan was to find a rich wealthy old tart with a
bad cough and put my d*ckie in the till , so to speak.
"Come in for a cuppa" she wheezed. She'd already scrubbed up and bathed in cheap industrial perfume and the tea tray and scones were delicately placed upon the table in the courtyard. I sipped tea under her randy stare as she manouvred for the kill by leaning forward to share the beauty of her breasts that looked like two oranges , one in each foot down at the bottom of a pair of panty hose. She was certainly a leading cause of erectile dysfunction so I stammered moronlike but to no avail. I was scared .. I had to flee somehow ....so I did the honourable thing and bleated, " I'm a poofter ... er ..I'v got a date tonight ... er ... gotta go ... he's such a bitch when I'm late." So I quickly gathered the tools and fled to the waiting truck where my mates howled with laughter .. they knew she was as toey as a roman sandal and had set me up.

More to follow .. over!