PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Usa Photo/fingerprint I/d
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2004, 13:35
West Coast

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
Garthy
Suicide bomber may only commit it once but his/her handlers are experts at it. Who is to say all these guys even want to claim the booty of virgins and what ever else is promised.The masterminds of the Madrid bombing didn't die in the train bombings now did they? They planted the bombs and high tailed it out of there. You have to believe they died only as a result of being cornered by the police. They had more bombings planned it appears. I stand to be corrected but I believe the nightclub attack in Bali wasn't a suicide bombing, the original attacks on the WTC were not carried out by suicide bombers either.

If someone thinks that OBL would hop the red eye to America, well, you may need to do a little more thinking. We wouldn't need any fingerprints to ID him. Its his underlings that this is meant to help with.

If you are going to talk of state sponsered terrorism, make sure you bring the offshore funding on both sides in to the equation. You may not like that aspect of it if you reside in the UK.

As to the delays for the process of finger printing, it should be a streamlined for efficiency. It will hopefully, but the delay at the airport doesn't mean the concept is wrong. And to answer your question, as a former member of the military, former government employee, current airline pilot and volunteer baseball coach(background investigation req) I have been fingerprinted by quite a number of agencies.

I'm glad to see so much providence on this board as to terrorist methods. No need to fingerprint anyone as the bad guys have already used the airlines once. They would never think of catching the early morning flight in to the US from your country.
Why waste our money on something the baddies would never use again. I'll pass your reccomendations to the gov.

Last edited by West Coast; 6th Apr 2004 at 14:09.