PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 6th Apr 2004, 12:37
NM163

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about to start the route to the Frozen ATPL. I've been out of formal education for just over a decade, but that time I've interviewed and employed around 600 people. Whether they have failed an exam or whatever makes no difference if they have subsequently gone on to pass it. The candidate realized their mistake and corrected it to eventually pass, could have been distracted by home/personal circumstances. Those who didn't correct it demonstrated a lack of application and didn't get an interview.

There are a lot of posts in these forums from wannabes wondering what the job market will be like, will they find employment. Quite rightly too given the financial investment required. No one has a crystal ball to make a statement in that regard, but if you don't have the licence and the market improves, all you can do is continue to dream. Passing the exams is part of the license, nothing more than a part.

My understanding from BA, and it is from a source that I would trust is that integrated ab initio pilots for BA.......only through their cadet scheme. Modular low hours pilots, well, last in a very long line comes to mind. As for low hours pilots in general, whenever they have recruited they have had more than enough applicants with sufficient hours to meet their requirements without dropping below 1500 TT by which time it doesn't matter which FTO you come from, whether you passed you atpl first, second or third time. It will matter, as MJ posts that you meet their minimum requirements, MCC/ME time on heavy aircraft and even then you'll need luck and to sell yourself to meet their needs.

Profiles and post histories, as well as chat and PM can and give you an indicator of whose opinion you should be countenancing but this should be in conjunction with your own research. But your research should extend outside of the school and its seminars.

That's my two cents anyways.

Would love to see CRM brought into this thread.