PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 6th Apr 2004, 11:26
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Never been asked to show my exam results, never been asked about resits for theory exams. They only want to see my licence when I turn up for the interview.
About the only relevant question is did I get my IR first time attempt. Also been asked about any accidents and incidents.
Any one who says that you'll be asked about your exam marks at an interview is selling you a line I'm afraid.
Exam grades mean you can study, the licence means you can apply that. Not every one can do that...

Concentrate on getting good grades, in other words, do put in the effort. The reason isn't why some salesy type people tell you.
If you haven't twigged already, you're being watched and assessed all the time. Ideally, you want the instructor to say to you, "if you need some advice about "x" airline, I'll put in a word".
That is real. It's happened to me more than once and I am not a naturally gifted person. Just one who works bloody hard and helps out my colleagues when I can.
If you're not a whip and can "only" average 85% or something but you're busting your guts out and trying your hardest then that means a heck of a lot more than a smart arse who gets 99.9% and is a smug **** about it.