PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2004, 11:12
Paterbrat

I am a figment of my own imagination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thought provoking reading. Thirty years in aviation and a number of companies, I realised that there will always be some rivalry and discussion about other sections, but the level of bitterness and almost hate displayed here is quite sobering.
As a frequent BA longhaul passenger over many years I can say that for me the overall standard of service in the cabin has declined, both in comparison to earlier years and to that given by some other companies. There appears to have been a slow but perceptible change in general attitude of the cabin staff towards the punter, then of course over the years so too have they changed.
Some of the threads here have appeared thoughtful, even constructive, others emotional and vindictive, what is undisputable is that there does seem to be an inherent 'them' and 'us' syndrome and an unfortunate dearth of 'we' or sense of BA as an entity. Individual empires and inter section rivalry seem to be the order of the day. The few who call for unity, and appear to be the calm voices of reason, are simply ignored while the vociferous and opinionated continue to imperviously blast out their particular dogma. Sadly what does come through loud and clear is an overall sense of millitancy and bloody mindedness.
What also appears to have been well and truly lost is a sense of teamwork, pulling in a common direction for the good, and perhaps even survival, of all. A sad comment on a venerable institution that has for many years represented to the world all that was the very best in British Transport Aviation