PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 6th Apr 2004, 07:25
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy this has turned into a can of worms !! not the intnetion I had when I sent the reply. I would like to ask a few questions of the people who have shot me down in flames.

to quote myself earlier:

We know certain airlines have average %'s they look for and no more than X resists.........
.....However get through that part of selection then other qualities are priority, can you fly and do you actually have a personality (likeable) or are you just an academic cyborg who can ace everything but has not chat for 4 hours on a flight or down route.
If you read my original post it states that results could be looked at as a primary point. Then other skills are what drives it.
can we agree on that ?

So then, to those of you who work in recruitment - Are you telling me that every CV that comes through the door of an airline does merit an interview ? surely there must be some form of selection prior to even going for a sim check or interview or tests ? Otherwise these places would never see the end of people coming through the doors ? Please divulge as I am very curious. Bearing in mind that all the selection crietia you have said that carry weight (and I agree on that as per my quote above) can't be established from a piece of paper.

to quote you in an earlier thread scroggs
So, let's get this straight: exam passes are rarely, if ever, taken into account by airline recruiters (though they may have some influence on some of the TRTOs' selection processes).
(rare meaning sometimes, no ?)

The whole Modular vs integrated thing is sneaking in here again, I have met a lot of mods and integrated and all equal in my eyes so lets leave that for another thread.

Scroggs it really does suprise me that you are willing to tear me to bits regarding some advice I have received from a real person in an airline responsible for recruitment. You are happy to say that they must be a junior who bascially doesnt know their arse from their elbow and its all PR. Does that not seem a little harsh ? to form an opinion without knowing all the facts that have been presented to me?

I really cant be arsed with that bit as it's like pi**ing in the wind with you "established lot" with people who know best and wont hear anything else, especially if its from a junior ( they possibly couldn't be correct!!)

I have taken a lot from Pprune over the years and when I try and put something back it appears that becasue I am not in the industry or not in recruitment and junior then my view is worth jack. Ah well better get used to it as this is what some captains are like by all accounts.

I am not having a poke at scroggs, never have, though his sarcasm is a little trying. I am astonished more than anything that someone can be so judgemental without even knowing me. If you read all of my posts all have been civil, and there is a difference of opinion.

I appreciate the inputs from most people on pprune however when they feel they can judge a less established poster becasue they disagree with something then that's a shame.

To quote you
The moderators and other working pilots are all for wannabies, they don't like it when wannabies are getting mislead by either the schools or the companys into spending money with out good reason
I agree its not good to post misleading information that could influence people to part with good money, I havent done that, if you think I have show me where ? I will retract it.

(when actually your talking ****e)
I'm, speaking sh*te ? a little harsh. You dont know me from Adam or where my facts have come from but you are willing to sling mud like that... shame

I think ground school marks have a bearing you guys dont (though scroggs did say earlier they do sometimes)

I said if they are looked at it may be as an inital thing prior to attending test interviews where personality counts etc

I mentioned some items I had been told by someone in BA and you lot tell me its BS and my contact is F.O.S.

Madjock you tell me to stop upsetting established posters by disagreeing with them, it a "discussion" and I hope they see it as that and nohing more.

no offence to anyone
and sarcasm and mud slinging not required

Last edited by flystudent; 6th Apr 2004 at 09:08.