PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2004, 00:04
AJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again heavy crew

Yes, FD help as & when they can with cleaning, and their help is of course much appreciated. One of the things I like about ezy is the fantastic working environment & atmosphere between crews, flightdeck or cabin.

I think you will find most ezy crew (or at least those I talk to) say they are amongst the best paid; apparently we get paid more than Virgin and charters and according to your figures, more than juniors at BA (I am very surprised to hear this). Nevertheless, some seniors have jumped to join BA, Emirates and ANZ (pay at the latter is meant to be very good...)

Regarding the food/drink - on flights to sunspots (Malaga etc.) we make an absolute fortune - my housemate has just come back from a FAO/AMS and back and they apparently made GBP 700 and 220 euros; given 10% commission on anything sold, this is not an insignificant boost to wages!

As a rule, English passengers seem to buy lots of food/drink, foreign pax don't, so it depends on the demography of a particular flight. Despite prices that I will admit are a complete rip-off, those pax just keep buying...

Regarding flying for anyone else, my preference would be Emirates given I can't bear many more British winters...(I'm English, but was born in Brazil).

regards