PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commonwealth Air Forces
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2004, 23:17
Surditas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the SQN's here in Her Majesty's Strayian Air Force seem to have the odd Pomgolian, Kiwi or Canuckistani floating around wearing Aus uniform, so transfer IS possible however, we seem to be chock full of pilots at the moment. This being a rumour network, here are some of the rumours doing the rounds:
1. Knuckworld is, for the first time anyone can remember, full. This is due to the big intake of pilots in the late nineties, Kiwi fifth columnists infiltrating in a bid to take over more than Bondi and Qantas not hiring.
2. Truckworld is full to bursting due to people being diverted from Knuckworld (see 1) and Qantas not hiring. One of the Trucking SQN's is trying to reduce its manning to the tune of 15 pilots.
3. Maritime is full (I think) for the same reasons as 2 above.
4. Trainingworld is a big holding pattern whilst the FEG's are full. Blokes are coming off course and going to IFS to fly PC9's at low level over WA for a year or so waiting for their real career to start. Same with the BabyKnucks, who are spending time at Ops Flt at the BabyKnuck SQN's. In fact, some guys have been posted to Ops Flt.
So, transfer might not be an option at the moment, but Qantas have just started hiring again, so the top heaviness at the SQN's is about to become a vacuum with a whole bunch of boggies being swept up the progression ladder, so I'd be getting my paperwork in now in anticipation.