PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 5th Apr 2004, 18:55
QQ Tester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Maz, you are right about it being difficult to suddenly become calm – I’ve tried and failed! I don’t drink coffee (never have), never smoked and I drink very little alcohol (couple of units a week). My diet is ok too but not perfect, the same can be said of my rather lethargic exercise program. The issue is not my actual BP, I think that’s ok – the problem is proving it. They say that high BP is not something that ‘sufferers’ feel, that being one of the reasons why its checked so often. With me I can notice the difference when at the doctors etc; I can feel the blood pumping harder – so I’m confident that it’s not a true reflection of my everyday BP.

Just been to see my GP this evening about my BP (high again!), she said a 24-hour test would require an out-patient appointment with the local cardio unit and that would take six months. I guess I’ll have to either really try hard to ‘chill out’ before seeing the nurse or go private for the test at significant cost (on top of my £411)!

One other thing, will I have to go through this every time I renew my medical certificate or do they make allowances for those of us with this silly reaction to the doctor?

Thanks - QQ