PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - european employment
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2004, 16:32
Homer_J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
european employment

I may be well off mark, so feel free to tell me Im wrong.

One of David Blunketts reasons for liking immigration is that it fills a shortfall in the UK workforce. And under EU law you should be able to work in the EU, as members of the EU can work in the UK.

almost everyday when Im flying I hear(particularly Easy and ryan), foreign accents on the radio. Australian, american, french, dutch etc.

There is an European company I work very closely with, and recently 10 of there fos and captns left, mostly to go and work for easyjet.

They hired 8 new fos, all with about 200hrs. I wasnt even given a "get lost" letter, because (from the chief pilots lips)im not from there country(even though they have employed for other European countrys), even though, i already know all the crew, there procedures and have 1100hrs, mostly on twins.

I seem to remember another thread where someone was complaining because he was given a cold reception when he came to look for a flying job in this country. Yet, if he has the hours, he probably will get a job.

I'm simply looking for the next step up on the ladder, and when(and if) i get that next job, then someone will replace me, and, to quote the lion king, the circle of life(or flying jobs) will continue.

I just think it is unfair that if europeans can get jobs over here, but were not allowed to work in the EU.

i just think its British work policy gone mad.

Thank you to listening to my rant.