PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, that's a bit rich
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2004, 08:53
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Strange that everytime someone strat a thread on RYR , emotions starts to hide the original question.

The question was not wether RYR is s successful company ( it is at the moment ), what type of aircraft it uses and how old they are, but rather on how they inform their pax and how they treat them.

As an Airline RYR is OK, the fares are unbeatable ( if you book early ) Their safety record is good, they pay their crew nicely and deliver a good product for most of the fares you pay.

What is not so good,is the way they treat their pax and hide the facts in the small print. I understand it is a marketing stategy but we are allowed not to agree without being called RYR bashers...

I would challenge that RYR would gain in calling its airport their real names with near to... in brackets beside it , and use friendlier staff at check in with their policies clearly explained and fixed once and for all.
I have no problem with 40min check in cut off, 1 piece of hand, 10 euros above 15 Kg, no connections guarantee, service charges , credit card charges per pax, non-refundable airport taxes, no-return guarantee. etc.. etc.. if they were more obvious about it.

An aside , the above restrictions are probably fine if you paid 10 euros for your one way ticket, but not everyone on board pays that ammount. RYR sems to forget that.