PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Summer Schedule
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2004, 08:07
numbercruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel somewhat compelled to come to the defence of the mud slinging of the commercial sales department.

Those particularly negative posters clearly worked for the previous commercial sales team and decided not to or were not asked to join the new team being based in Crawley.

I work for the airline and have to say I have only positive things to say about the team, the manner in which they work, the absolute desire to win and that they have the best interests of Monarch at heart. Yes they are new to us but not to the sector all have pedigree and you will always find those who may not like certain individuals in any company (normally because they are jealous).

Now to back up the data so far supplied by those who think they know but don't....

Winter 2003/4 I concur less ad-hocs have been flown and this is primarily because (as already stated) of increased scheduled activity plus the damp lease of an aircraft. More importantly and to quantify this, what has been flown (some 250 hours less than the previous year) has been flown at a significantly increased margin meaning that though less adhoc activity, more money has been made. FACT

I therefore ask you, what conclusions does one come to about the previous incumbant sales team in Luton and their relative abilities and the new one.

Seems to me the PB and the mangement have made a far better decision losing the dead wood and brining in the new blood.

As for those who previously worked in Luton and have moved on to pastures new, the very very best of luck to you all, I for one sincerely hope you continue to sell in the same way as you sold when in LTN, then the eventual downfall will just come much quicker!

Numbercruncher