PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 4th Apr 2004, 17:15
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flystudent I'm afraid this is not a matter of agreeing to disagree; you are effectively wilfully ignonring the advice of those who are in the business (and have probably been so for longer than your BA informant), and are to a greater or lesser extent involved in recruiting right now.

British Airways has not recruited any ab-initio cadets since 9/11, and they are not proposing to recruit any now, or for the forseeable future. If they ever have recruited fATPLs, those occasions have been few and far between - and I'm not aware of them. Therefore they do not have a recruiting policy for fATPLs, and therefore your BA informant was making it up on the hoof. Oxford have a vested interest in having you believe a: that your exam results influence employers and b: that you have a chance of being employed by BA. Both are bollox.

You may choose not to believe Rob and I; that is your prerogative. But do not inflate the value of your opinion to that of being able to 'agree to disagree' with us. We know what we are talking about. One day, you might also - but that day has not yet come. In other words, it's better to keep your opinions to yourself and have people think you are a fool, than to put fingers to keyboard and prove it.

Scroggs

Last edited by scroggs; 4th Apr 2004 at 20:52.