PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates increase Tasman flights
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2004, 03:36
ernestkgann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Mustang,
I have a feeling that EK's customer service problems don't revolve around it's cabin crew or their service, indeed I believe the cabin crew and their service delivery are what most people from established countries with established airlines are impressed by the most. In my experience it's not these factors that drag EK down in comparison to BA.
The major factors for passengers travelling with EK compared to established airlines are the peripheral service areas.
In these areas the overbooking of first and business, poor customer service at Dubai, consistently late arrivals and departures, missing baggage and so on are the negatives in comparison to other airlines. Because EK operates all of its business without buffers , this means that everything is utilised to the max and therefore good for business, if something falls of the rails however, then it is very hard to recover. This means days trying to recapture the schedule after a disruption and poor service to it's customers. My belief is that it is these kind of things that may effect EK's business in the long run.

Last edited by ernestkgann; 4th Apr 2004 at 06:10.