PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Flying Training
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2004, 01:22
INSIDEOUT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scurvy.D.Dog

You must be joking, Biased?, or you just cannot defend the indefensible!
AOPA Forum, well that is unbiased, uncensored and accessible to potential members, isn’t it!

AOPA is a forum where you must put your name to your comments, not be a coward and hide behind an alias.

I wonder how well you would fair face to face.

What qualifications to you hold Re-airspace design and management or are you just one of these instant experts because you fly in it.

You amaze me you fly an aircraft that people like me build and repair or modify if I changed a major structural component or modified it you would take my word for it and fly. You never confess to being an expert on airframes just because you fly in one do you.

All of a sudden because you fly your aircraft in whatever class airspace or work as a controller you now become an expert on airspace, have you ever designed airspace or done risk analysis or in fact anything other than fly in it had anything to do with airspace reform at a professional level?

People have been working there arses of in this country for years to reform airspace now I am not saying NAS is the best thing since sliced bread but at least I will listen to the people that Know what they are talking about and listen to constructive debate.

Every time they go forward an instant expert like you and many others that can't even be truthful enough to but your name behind you mouth jumps out and makes a stupid comment.

I am a fair man contact me and I am happy to listen to your views and take them on board, but they must be reasoned and qualified.

I will give you a small example that I used before relating to aviation advancement. Years back when I started as a structural examiner large passenger aircraft 747 etc etc were built to a safety factor of 1.6 that means its 60% stronger than it needs to be. Over the years with the increase in fuel and airport charges and carrying capacity and so on they decided to drop the safety factor to 1.4 so the aircraft was now only 40% stronger than it needed to be this was to save money.

Lets look at this then so we are now in a situation where it is less safe than it was back then shock horror aircraft will be falling out of the skies, never happened did it, but we are still 20% less safe. The answer is simple really that level of safety was never really needed if we used your anti NAS argument in aircraft construction they would be too heavy to get off the ground.

Now I am sure if pilots were aware of this at the time they would have suddenly become instant experts in aircraft design and used similar scare tactics to scare the travelling public they are using today.

Why are you using Dick Smith he is not at these workshops, these studies have been done by people employed as experts to do them. But people like you and others simply wont listen.

You make a reasonable case but you are not an expert, ranting on PPRUNE won't help your case join a organization that will represent you, you joke about AOPA your views are in the past mate it is simply not like that any more despite the fact we are having a few board problems. There are plenty of spin-doctors out there that would tell you different we are almost on the verge of turning the corner.

I resent your comment with our views to NAS we are a public company there to represent our members that pay for that privilege one director just simply does not understand that and thinks their view is in the best interest of it members, its a majority view nothing to do with Dick Smith etc.

You have a choice you could join but you probably won't after all why help the cause when you can rant and rave here and no one knows whom you are, funny I have never seen PPRUNE at a workshop.

My reference to being biased is from another post not this one and its directed at Woomera he will allow people to make defamatory statements quoting my name but will not allow me to reply.

Simply I am just a normal working guy have been flying since I was 17 have a school and small charter operation and most of my spare time is working with AOPA helping other pilots that have got problems with a variety of things and looking after our office and staff.

Yes I am tasked with airspace reform but I am also bound by our members wishes, please remember I have to fly out there to you assume far too much about me.

Ron Bertram