PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2004, 17:34
IRS key

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I think you might find that the so-called easyJet bashers actually do really care about their company and want this airline to become a career airline not just a stepping stone for jet time, a quick command and 1000 hrs in the left seat.

It would only take some minor adjustments from management to make our rosters a lot more bearable.
(A 5/3 roster for example).

Sure, guys in their early twenties don't mind the havoc caused on the body clock every week, they might do the same thing by going out untill 2, 3 am in the weekends...
However, for the more seasoned guys like myself with children, this type of flying/sleeping/flying/sleeping etc on 6/3 really causes long term fatique.

Why was the thread "Tired budget jet pilots 'endanger passengers' " 13 pages long? (Last post on the 3rd of March) This cannot just simply be because people want to moan, there is a genuine concern that the life style has to improve.

With regards to signing on the dotted line......when I joined I was told: We don't do night flying at easyJet which will be a nice change from your present charter airline (....)

Please guys, you may like not the complaints raised here but you are not obliged to read them. This is an open forum. I do care about the airline and I want it to become a place where I can stay untill retirement.

Is that not worth airing my heartfelt views in hopes that someone sensible in management might be stirred to some positive change?

The suggestion about leaving if you don't like it is a difficult one if this means giving up the left seat, giving up your preferred base near your home etc, etc.

Ther are obviously a good number of guys who enjoy it right now but I would still like easyJet to be enjoyable 10 years from now. If we stay on this horrible 6/3 roster I can't see how many of will still enjoy it or simply will have left for more liveable pastures 10 years down the road.

Why are none of the Ryanair, JetBlue or SouthWest pilots airing their complaints on this forum? Is it maybe that these guys are having a life besides flying?